Monday, March 2, 2015

Mohamaya Lake: A Beautiful Tourist Spot in Chittagong District.

     I am a service man. My job location was near to Mirsharai Upazilla. During staying at that place I went to Mohamaya Irrigation Project many times. But At first time when I went at that place I was so delighted that I could not express its beauty to anybody. It was so beautiful place to me that I have ever seen. That is why I was mentally hungry and went that place again and again. So I would like to share my experiences to all.
Due to heavy stress of my job I wanted some relief from my job. So I was looking for a place where I can get a mental recreation. I went to many nearest places that didn't satisfy my mind. One day I heard from local people that there is a lake near to Mirsharai and many people goes there to visit that lake. Then I decided that I would go that lake.
      The season was late winter. I with my some colleges started our journey from Mirsharai Bazar by Three-Wheeler CNG Auto-Rickshaw towards Mohamaya.  The distance was 7 km. At first we had to travel few of that length on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway. Within ten minutes we reached Mohamaya bypass of Dhaka-Chittagong Highway. After passing short length of bituminous road HBB road was started. So we had to suffer some troubles. The distance was 2 km and the road was wavy and undulated. Some portion of that road was broken. Despite of all troubles I was very eager to see that place. When I was going to Mohamaya I saw some paddy lands. After passing plane land, low heighted hilly area was started. I was excited. I saw clearly that lake in front of me. But it was far from me. After few minutes we reached at the entrance of Mohamaya. We saw a big earthen dam has been constructed between two hillocks and it has created a big water logged area. That is why a big lake was created by this dam. Lower portion of hillocks were submersed by water and a lake was created by water. Many hillocks were surrounded by water and were looked very nice. This lake has created a big source of fishes. Local people got a source of income by fishing. We saw some people were catching fish on that lake on boats.
       At first we walked on the dam and watched surrounding areas. Hillocks were filled with long grasses and floral. We started to climb up to reach the top of the dam. After reaching the top of the dam we saw a beautiful lake inside of the dam. That dam is called Mohamya Dam. Then we climbed up some hillocks located just beside the dam. After reaching at the top of hillocks we saw the whole area of the lake and I was wondered how beautiful it was. Actually anybody will not understand its beauty unless he visits the lake. Then we climbed down and went at the inside-bottom of the dam and we hired a boat to see the lake. There were several loops of waterways. We passed some loops When we are passing those passages then we are watching surrounding hillocks and looked higher. After passing some time we reached a waterfall. It was a surprise to me. I ever thought that there was a waterfall at that lake. Water was falling on boulders from the top of hillocks and it was very clear. Some people were bathing by that water and also drunk it. We also joined with them. We passed some time at that place. Then we came back to the bottom of the dam and again climbed up to the top of dam and took some snacks. Again we looked at the surrounding area and started to go home. That was the end of our journey. It was a memorable moment of my life. I enjoyed that journey very much. After that journey I went that place many times and passed good time at that place.
       Mohamaya Lake is the second largest manmade lake in Bangladesh. It is an irrigation project of Bangladesh Water Development Board. It is a big water reservoir. In rainy season huge water preserves into the lake. There is a sluice gate of the dam to release water. Government has decided to construct a small scale hydro-electric power plant by using water of this reservoir.  
How to go:  So if you wish to go at Mohamaya Lake you can start your journey from Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla or Feni by bus through Dhaka-Chittagong Highway. But you have to stop your journey at Mirsharai Bazar of that road. Then you need to hire a Three-Wheeler CNG Auto-Rickshaw to go Mohamaya Lake. You need not give money to enter that lake. It is free. You can take your launch or snakes at some shops located at the outside-bottom of the dam. If you wish you can visit a Rubber Dam just beside Mohamaya Lake. It is located in between Mohamaya Dam and Dhaka-Chittagong Highway. But remind it do not stay Mohamaya Lake after sunset. Due to security problem it is unsafe for visitors to stay at that place after sunset. You can use Google Earth to find out the location of Mohamaya.











To view Mohamaya Lake on YouTube click on the video below

  

No comments:

Post a Comment